2023年4月12日 星期三

Enzo Fernandez:我們並不懼怕對手、我一直想成為領袖、我不認為自己已到最佳狀態

以下內容出自官網:


Enzo: We’re ready for Real

11 APR 2023


Enzo Fernandez has said the ‘united’ Chelsea squad are well prepared to take on Real Madrid, with the midfielder praising the early impact of Frank Lampard.

Chelsea take on Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabeu tomorrow evening, in the first leg of our Champions League quarter-final tie.

Enzo faced the media in the Spanish capital shortly after Lampard, who recently returned to Stamford Bridge as caretaker manager, our Argentinian midfielder has spoken about the impact Frank’s had over the past week.

‘Frank talked with the group before this game and he told us to keep our heads straight and focused,’ Enzo explained at his pre-match press conference.

'Chelsea is a club with a huge history and he told us about when he won the Champions League in 2012 and he mentioned he was in his worst football moment with Chelsea at that time.

‘He represents us in the best way, and tomorrow we will give our best to represent Chelsea in the best way possible too.’


The World Cup winner, who arrived in January from Benfica, has impressed for the Blues so far this season and is excited to take on the current Champions League holders but rejects any notion that facing Los Blancos should bring fear to the squad.

‘We know Real Madrid is a very big club with a lot of history,’ Enzo added. ‘Of course they are a team with very big players but we trust in what we're going to do tomorrow. Luka Modric and Toni Kroos [who Enzo could line-up against in midfield] are very big players that have won everything and are inspiration to everyone.

‘But afraid? Absolutely we're not afraid. There is respect there because this is a football match and we know the quality that Real Madrid have, but certainly we are not afraid.


‘I will try and enjoy the match, I don’t feel like I have anything to prove to anyone and I will give my best for Chelsea as I always do.

‘The group is strong, we are united and we know what the Champions League means. So we are mentally prepared to play tomorrow.’

---------------------------


Enzo delighted to be classed as a ‘leader’

12 APR 2023


Enzo Fernandez has thanked Frank Lampard for describing him as a ‘future leader’, with the midfielder revealing he is thrilled to be viewed in such esteem.

The Argentinian has always dreamt of being looked upon as a leader of his team-mate and setting a strong example to the squad, with the midfielder expressing his pride at hearing Lampard mention him in such a way.

With Chelsea preparing to face Real Madrid in the Champions League tonight, Enzo spoke to the media in the Spanish capital to preview the tie, his start at Chelsea and why he feels he has more to offer the Blues.

‘I always dreamed of being a leader for a big club,’ Enzo said ahead of tonight’s Champions League first leg. ‘My roots, when I started playing football, was always to be an example to others and to try and be a leader to my colleagues.

‘For me, I think I am a player and a person that is always there for his team-mates and to be defined as a leader by Frank despite being so young, makes me really proud.

‘I would like to thank Frank for his kind words. I will always try to give the best of myself for the team and that will be no different against Real Madrid.’


Lampard will lead the Blues into the Santiago Bernabeu tonight as caretaker manager, following the dismissal of the man who signed Enzo for Chelsea, Graham Potter.

While not an ideal situation, Enzo feels Chelsea are well placed to succeed in Europe’s premium competition.

‘Obviously it is not ideal to change coach three times in a season but this is football and sometimes these things happen,’ he added.

‘It’s not easy when this happens but the group is strong, we are united and we know what it means to play at the highest level in the Champions League and we are going to be well prepared for the game.’

Enzo also stated that he feels he can reach even higher heights in Chelsea blue, despite such a strong start to his career in England.

‘I don’t think I am yet at my top level for Chelsea just yet as I think I can still improve,’ added Enzo. ‘I have only been there for a short period and it takes time to adapt to a new league, a new city and new surroundings.

‘It’s a new life for me and my family and it’s not easy to adapt straightaway to a new country. I look to support my colleagues though and I try to do my best for Chelsea as quickly as possible.

‘I’m happy with how I’ve started but I still think I can improve and give more to the cause.’



- 30 -

沒有留言:

張貼留言