2023年5月10日 星期三

2022-23 賽季 MK Dons 最佳球員:Jamie Cumming

以下內容出自官網:


Cumming scoops double award with MK Dons

10 MAY 2023


Although his season unfortunately ended in relegation, Jamie Cumming has seen his impressive performances for MK Dons rewarded by picking up two awards at the club’s end of season dinner.

The Chelsea goalkeeper has been a standout performer for his loan side and ended the term by scooping both the Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year award.

The 23-year-old stopper returned to Stadium MK at the start of the campaign for a second loan spell with the Dons, having impressed at the end of the previous season in a similar temporary stint.

That campaign last term ended in play-off heartache and following Sunday’s draw with Burton Albion, relegation to League Two was confirmed for MK.

Cumming, however, was one of the players to stand out and made a number of impressive saves to claim a clean sheet at the Pirelli Stadium and, combined with his accolade of personal awards, is this week’s winner of the Chelsea loan Performance of the Week.


Fresh from picking up his awards, Cumming reflected on the season as a whole and what he’s learnt ahead of returning to Stamford Bridge.

‘It’s been a difficult season for us as a team but from a personal perspective, I’m really pleased to win these awards,’ the Chelsea loanee said. ‘I think it’s been really good for my development [the season on loan] and to win these two awards is really pleasing and I’m just delighted.

‘I won’t lie, when I returned to the club on loan for this season it was with the intention of pushing for promotion, so in that sense it’s been difficult but for my development it’s helped a lot.

‘I’ve had to learn to deal with difficult spells and being in a struggling team, that obviously means you’re put under a lot more pressure in games so it’s helped my concentration in matches too.

‘I’m disappointed we couldn’t build on the end to last season but on a personal note, to win these two awards is a really special feeling for me.’



- 30 -

沒有留言:

張貼留言