2022年12月28日 星期三

Kai Havertz:Raheem Sterling 傳得很好、Graham Potter 給我很高的自由度

以下內容出自官網:

Havertz: Let's build on this!

28 DEC 2022


Kai Havertz believes yesterday's impressive victory over Bournemouth can act as a catalyst for Chelsea going on a winning run.

The Blues returned to Premier League action following the World Cup break by brushing aside Bournemouth 2-0 at Stamford Bridge, with goals from Havertz and Mason Mount in the first half setting us on the way to all three points.

Havertz played in a central striking role and expertly finished Raheem Sterling's low cross from close range, with the German ecstatic to not only get on the scoresheet and help us to victory, but to help us end a run of three straight defeats that came prior to the winter break.

'Very pleased,' Kai said of the victory. 'I was delighted to score but the main thing was to get the win and that's huge for us.

'The win and the goals will hopefully give us confidence going forward. We lost three before the World Cup break so it was important we got the victory in the first game back, so we are very happy to do this.

'We have to keep winning and this period coming up is going to be crucial for us. We are going to give our best in the next games to get on a run and this is a fantastic start for us.'



The German took his goal well and was a constant thorn in the Bournemouth defence, although Kai was quick to pay tribute to fellow attacker Sterling for laying on the opportunity and praising his 'vision'.

'We needed the three points and I thought we were good value for them,' added Havertz. 'We got off to a good start and we created plenty of chances.

'I know the vision that Raheem has and he likes to play those sort of balls. It was the perfect pass to me, with the right weight on the cross. I was in the right position and I was very happy to score.'

Havertz was also asked for his thoughts on the way Graham Potter is utilising him in a central striking role, with the German delighted to be working under the head coach and enjoying the 'freedom' he is offered in the final third.

'The coach gives me the freedom to do whatever I like on the pitch and I like to be expressive on the ball, so it's good,' said Kai.

'I like to play free and to get into the box and he's told me to do that more, so I was happy that it paid off with the goal. He gives me a lot of confidence and I really enjoy working under him.'


- 30 -

沒有留言:

張貼留言